NEW! Useful information for guests staying at Kinasi or Lua Cheia Beach
MARINE PARK FEES
Kinasi Lodge is located inside the marine park, and a fee is US$ 20 per person per day (50% for children 3-15 yrs) is charged by the Mafia Island Marine Park. This is not included in our rates. This fee must be paid by the guests IN CASH at the gate of Marine Park. Kinasi Lodge cannot prepay this fee.
Our rates do not include the road transfer from Mafia airport to Kinasi Lodge which we usually outsource to provide income for local small businesses. This is charged at US$ 40 per car one-way
Mafia has daily scheduled air services with same-day connections to the Ruaha, Selous, Arusha, Pemba and Zanzibar; all flights can be booked direct or through Kinasi, which can make flight arrangements and invoice you as part of the overall bill.
Coastal Aviation flies every day at 1500 hrs with a direct connection on its aircraft from Arusha via Zanzibar and the Selous. Prices (inclusive of current fuel surcharge) are:
- DSM-MAF US$ 115 per person one way
- ZNZ-MAF US$ 155 per person one way
- SEL-MAF US$ 205 per person one way
- ARU-MAF US$ 345 per person one way
Tropical Air operates the morning schedule to Mafia leaving Dar es Salaam at 1000 with a direct connection from Zanzibar at 0800. This is an excellent service for arrivals on British Airways. The seat price is US$ 112 one way. It has also reported it will commence an afternoon schedule.
- DSM-MAF US$ 116 per person one way
- ZNZ-MAF US$ 160 per person one way
ZanAir will commence Mafia flights from Zanzibar at 1130 via Dar es Salaam and arriving Mafia at 1315, in July 2009. Travelers from Pemba can also connect on this at 1030 in Pemba. Seat prices on this schedule are:
- DSM-MAF US$ 100 per person one way
- ZNZ-MAF US$ 140 per person one way
- PBA-MAF US$ 170 per person one way
STATUTORY CHARGES AT AIRPORTS
Please note that for any domestic flight in Tanzania every passenger will be requested to pay Airport tax TShs 5,000 and Security Fees TShs 1,000 (approximately $ 5 total). Airport tax and Security Fees are not included in flight rates and they can change without prior notice. The international departure tax is US$ 30 and Safety Fee is $ 8, both are included in ticket prices ex-Dar es Salaam but NOT ex-Zanzibar where guests must be prepared to pay cash.
Please note that all airlines strictly observe the 15 kg per pax limit on bags on internal flights in light aircraft and prefer soft or duffel bags not hard plastic or aluminium suitcases.
We offer a personal ‘meet & greet’ and transfer service between terminals in Dar es Salaam and from hotels and Stone Town in Zanzibar (through our sister company Zanzibar Travel Services firstname.lastname@example.org) for your clients. Our rates are:
- Meet international/domestic flight with transfers to/from Terminal I/II in Dar es Salaam International/Domestic airport at US$ 5 per person
- Dar City Tour at US$ 40 per person for half-day (visits places of interest, the craft centres and hotel of choice for wash and refreshments)
- Dar es Salaam city centre hotel transfer US$ 30 per vehicle; US$ 40 north of city and Msasani area
- Zanzibar Airport-Stone Town US$ 15 per vehicle; City Tour and Spice Tour from US$ 20 per person
Kinasi can safely store in Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar any extra baggage on behalf of guests while on safari or in Mafia.
Terms and Conditions
- All accommodation rates are on a full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner included) per person per night (pppn) basis, including 18% VAT
- Accommodation rates include airport facilitation (meet-and-greet) in Dar es Salaam, Zanzibar and Mafia.
- Minimum recommended stay is 3 nights
- Group policy starts after 14 paying guests, 15th will be free-of-charge.
- The hotel will be seasonally closed from after Easter until 1st June each year or as advised.
- Cancellation charges on booking total based on time prior to confirmed check-in date:
- 30 Days or more: no charge
- 15-30 days: 50 % cancellation charge applies
- 0-15 days: 100% cancellation charge applies
- All airline rates and scheduled flights and government service charges are subject to change without notice.
- Marine Park Fees are not included in our rates and are subject to change without notice.
- Seasons to which rates apply are as follows:
We would like you to know that the “incentive” seasons are actually some of the finest periods of the year to be in East Africa, as far as weather is concerned, so are very good times to visit Mafia.
- All rates quoted are subject to change without notice, although every effort will be made to give due warning of at least three months. In particular we draw your attention to possible significant exchange rates fluctuation between the Euro and US$ and the Tanzania Shilling, in which case an appropriate adjustment will be made.
- Kinasi accepts VISA/Euro and MASTER cards but a surcharge of 5% (to cover the costs and delays and commission in Tanzania, which is 5%) will be added.
- A surcharge of 10% also applies to travelers’ cheques (which are discounted by banks in Tanzania due to risk and the high fraud rate)
- Kinasi will accept personal cheques on foreign banks with prior arrangement
If you are agent or travel planner please CONTACT US email@example.com and we´ll send you the NEW rates for next season and Special Packages for your clients.
All our best from Mafia Island,